Sunday, October 28, 2012

Fall Colors & Orange Spice Paint

We've painted! Matt was pretty reluctant to make any permanent changes to our apartment since we've only signed a one year lease but I was persistent in my demands to paint. Eventually, we compromised: if I did all the work including painting the wall back when we move, I could paint the wall whatever color I wanted. So I chose Orange Spice paint by Better Homes and Gardens!

Let me tell you, an accent wall has made our space feel so homey. I adore the warmth and brightness this color adds to our living room, especially with how gloomy the Pacific Northwest has been this fall.





What we're into this week:
  • I'm reading The Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charlaine Harris and watching the HBO TV show based on the novels called True Blood (I'm just starting on season 4 of 5). The books are fast paced and funny, but I'm not as big of a fan of the TV series.
  • Here are a few quotes that have been on my mind recently:
    • I only do this until I get dizzy & then I lay down on my back & watch the clouds, she said. It sounds simple but you won't believe how many people forget the second part. - Proper Steps, StoryPeople.com
    • Things to know about the future 1. It doesn't have to look any particular way, but around here, if it doesn't, a lot of people will never speak to you again. - Future Things #1, StoryPeople.com
    • Anyone can slay a dragon, he told me, but try waking up every morning & loving the world all over again. That's what takes a real hero. - Real Hero, StoryPeople.com

No comments:

Post a Comment