Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Trip to Mount Rainier

Today the weather was forecast as mostly sunny, so we decided visit to Mount Rainier! After a two hour road trip, we were excited to hike around for a bit. Nevermind that we completely spaced on wearing more appropriate clothing for 40 degree weather (like gloves and thick socks). Because of this, we didn't hike up anywhere near the snow but it was beautiful down in the meadow. 

Preview of the pictures to come...!
Our first peek of Mount Rainier on the drive up the mountain.
Despite the fact that it was a Tuesday, there were many visitors taking
advantage of the (mostly) sunny weather.
A nice lady offered to take our picture for us!
Appropriate quote for this beautiful mountain meadow.
Matt with an awesome view of the other mountains surrounding Mt. Rainier.
Waterfall that is 1/2 icicle.
Evergreen decorated by nature with icicles and tiny snow pats.
Almost a clear view of Mount Rainier. Darn those stray whispy clouds!
Just a pretty picture of a beautiful area.
An ice cold tributary flowing down the mountain.
Black tailed deer! We saw bunches of these awesome creatures.
"When James Longmire's daughter-in-law, Martha, first saw this site, she
exclaimed, 'Oh, what a paradise!'" - I concur.
Up close of the meadow foliage. The meadow smelled like huckleberry!
I wish I could bottle that scent and take it home.
A delightful blue/purple flower growing in the meadow.
Saying goodbye to glacial Mount Rainier on the way down.


I hope you all enjoyed the pictures as much as we enjoyed the trip! Maybe one day you can come visit us and see for yourself the beauty of the outdoors that a camera cannot quite capture.

5 comments:

  1. AHHHH I CAN'T WAIT TO COME VISIT YOU OVER SPRING BREAK. p.s. I just figured out I could comment on this thing. I like your background :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures!!! I think that I really like your hair but the picture of you was tiny. Can't wait to see you in a month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing pictures, I'm so jealous! But I'm shivering just looking at the pics.

    ReplyDelete